When: Monday 25 June to Sunday 15 July 2018
About: Every year, at the end of the summer term, Afrinspire organises a field visit to Uganda. If you have an interest in international development, want to pursue a career in the international sector, or want to gain exposure to rural Africa, this is a fantastic opportunity.
- Make a valuable contribution to African-led grass roots development projects with Afrinspire partners
- Gain first-hand experience working alongside an international development consultant
- See how indigenous initiatives such as women’s adult literacy, self-help groups, water harvesting and technology transfer are catalysts to development
- Help to host the Afrinspire Young Leaders Conference
- Engage in monitoring, evaluation and data collection
- Contact with expert African development practitioners
Register your interest: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: Approximately £1400-£1500 (This estimate is inclusive of air-fare, vaccinations, anti-malarials, accommodation, food, and vehicle hire. The approximation is based on costs from previous years and is subject to fluctuations in currency exchange).
Afrinspire also have volunteering opportunities in their Cambridge office. Email email@example.com to find out more.